MINI Inspection II.
Body and Electrics:
- Lighting system checked.
- Instrument panel, dashboard lighting and heating/ventilation fans checked.
- Horn, flashlights and hazard warning lights checked.
- Condition of safety belts checked; function of automatic belt tensioners, buckles and clips tested.
- Acid levels and charging status of battery checked; battery recharged (if necessary).*
- Microfilter for heating and air conditioning systems replaced.
- If MINI Mobility System is available: compressor canister replaced after four years.*
- Visibility checks for damage, leaks and corrosion performed on suspension and bodywork.
- Tailgate hinges lubricated.
- Self-diagnosis system tested; read-out of error memory.
- Engine oil and oil filter replaced.
- Cooling water levels and liquid concentration tested after top-up.
- Cooling water replaced at pre-determined interval (after four years at the latest) with suitable cooling liquid (if necessary).*
- Service interval indicator reset according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Liquid levels for screen washer and headlight washer (if available) checked; liquid refilled if necessary.
- Liquid levels for power steering checked; liquid refilled (if necessary).*
- Brake fluid replaced within the specified service intervals (after two years at the latest).*
- Average strength of front and rear brake pads measured.
- If brake pads are replaced: brake shaft cleaned; surface and strength of brake discs tested; wheel-centring hub of light-alloy wheels lubricated.*
- Steering tested for play, solidity, damage and wear and tear.
- Undercarriage tested for leaks, damage and corrosion.
- Brake cables checked for solidity, damage and correct positioning.
- Handbrake checked for correct function; adjusted as necessary.
- Handbrake repaired according to manufacturer’s specifications (if necessary).
- Tyre pressure (including spare wheel) tested and adjusted as necessary; Runflat Indicator reset; condition, profile and contact of tyres tested.
Test drive to check roadworthiness, including tests for brakes, steering or power steering, clutch, indicators and warning lights.
Inspection II price is not available on the following models: MINI Clubman 2007- 2016, MINI Hatch 2007-2013, MINI Convertible 2009 – 2016, MINI Coupé 2011-2015, MINI Roadster 2012 - 2015