Your unique MINI, Your unique MINI,
REQUEST AN OFFER.
BOOK A TEST DRIVE.
MINI Contract Hire Shortfall Insurance.
Our MINI Contract Hire Shortfall Insurance helps protect you from losing out financially if your MINI is written off or stolen.
When you truly love your MINI, you want to protect it in the best way. That’s why we created MINI Protect, our comprehensive range of insurance products designed to help maintain that sense of adventure, whilst protecting you from damage costs.
Within this suite of MINI Protect products is MINI Cosmetic Repair Insurance, developed to protect the beauty and finish of your vehicle, covering the costs for repairing minor cosmetic damages or providing a contribution if it cannot be repaired so your MINI leaves a lasting impression.
- Available for agreements up to 60 months.
- The insurance could pay up to £500 to cover any excess you have as part of your motor insurance claim.
- Pay for your policy upfront or in 12 monthly payments (at no extra cost).
- You have up to 60 days to purchase your policy after you have collected your MINI. Cover will start after you purchase the policy.
- If there is any amount still owing on the contract hire agreement after your claim has been settled, it is your responsibility to ensure that settlement of this amount is made.
- Cover only applicable if a claim under the motor insurance policy is paid.
- The insurance cover will be capped at a maximum amount. Therefore the amount paid out under the MINI Contract Hire Shortfall Insurance might be lower than the gap between the motor insurance settlement and the outstanding balance payable under your contract hire or lease agreement.
Please note you must not accept your motor insurer’s settlement figure until you have contacted our claims department.
If you accept your motor insurer’s write off valuation without our agreement then any MINI Contract Hire Shortfall Insurance claim may be calculated and settled based on our assessment of the market value of the vehicle at the time of write off.
Get your quote.
Contact your participating local approved MINI Retailer and get your quote today.
For full terms and conditions of this product, see the policy wording document available online at mini.co.uk/insurance or by calling MINI Protect Services on 020 3874 1603.
MINI Protect Services lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.30pm.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. This website only provides a summary of the cover provided by MINI Contract Hire Shortfall Insurance and does not include the full terms, conditions and limits of cover. Please refer to the policy wording document.
Making a claim.
In the unfortunate event that you need to make a claim, MINI Protect Services are available to assist you.
If you purchased your policy before 1 April 2018, please call 0345 641 9736.
If you purchased your policy between 1 April 2018 and 31 December 2020, please call 0330 400 1514.
If you purchased your policy on or after the 1 January 2021, please refer to the policy wording document for full details of how to make a claim.