Terms and conditions
† Terms and conditions
1. POD POINT’S – T&CS (the installer of the home charger).
Home charger supplied and installed by Pod Point not BMW MINI.
Home charger will be installed following delivery of eligible new MINI Electric vehicle, and must be installed before 31/03/2024.
Warranty and installation subject to Pod Point terms and conditions. See below:
T&C’s from Pod Point -
General Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions cover what is included free in your standard install and what happens if we need to quote for extra works. Sometimes issues arise on the day that mean we can’t complete your installation on the first visit, but we can often resolve these beforehand if we know about them in advance.
If you think there’s any reason why we might not be able to complete your install on the day (e.g. you cannot be present for the duration of the install, or the desired work area is not accessible), please let us know before the install date. If we have to cancel a job on the day because we haven’t been notified about an issue that prevents us from completing the installation, we may charge a call out fee.
Pod Point’s standard installation package for our Homecharge Pod Points covers the majority of homes in the UK and includes the following:
- Fitting of a Pod Point on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 15 metres (50 feet) of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the Pod Point.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is needed.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the Pod Point.
- Installation of a Miniature circuit breaker (a.k.a switch) within existing consumer unit and/or type A RCBO in enclosure.
- Up to 3 metres (10 feet) of plastic conduit to conceal interior wiring.
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know:
- The Pod Point must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle.
- We can’t fix the cable higher than 1.8 metres (6 feet) above the ground. If fixing higher than this is unavoidable then the installation may need to be paused - in that case we will quote for any extra work needed.
- We can’t, as part of the standard package, trench the cable underground or suspend it above ground - if something like this is required please talk to us so that we can give you a quote in advance. If we find out on the day that we have to cross a garden or a pathway we may need to pause the job and quote for the extra work needed to trench the cable.
- When you are using your charger the EV charging lead must remain on your property and must not create a trip hazard for you or anyone else.
- We can’t run a cable under floorboards or through ducting / ceiling voids / wall voids without a draw cord (to pull the cable through), or if the floorboards have not been lifted. We can’t take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
- Our experts are not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them.
- Our experts are not able to work in extreme weather (i.e. flooding or intense rain). If it is not safe to carry on, our expert will do as much as they can and we will return at a later date.
- If you have purchased a freestanding mount for the Pod Point to be fitted on please be aware that there may be an additional cost for installing this.
What happens if we find that your existing wiring isn’t up to scratch:
- Pod Point follows BS7671 2008/2015 Amendment 3 Standard Regulations and NICEIC guidelines on Electric Vehicle installations.
- If we can’t install in line with these rules then your installation will be paused and, if possible, we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
- If the existing electrical arrangements at the property are not in line with these rules or there is something else that makes it unsafe for us to install then, if possible, we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
What happens if your electrical supply is inadequate:
We can only complete the job if the electrical capacity (i.e. main fuse) can support the additional electrical demands of the Pod Point. If the capacity is not sufficient, we might be able to de-rate the Pod Point or we may have to pause the job until your main fuse is upgraded by your electricity supplier.
We allocate two hours for standard installations. If we can’t complete on the day because of supply related problems or unexpected extra works then we will reschedule an installation date once the additional works are complete or our quotation for the work has been accepted.
- If agreed, your installation project manager or Pod Point Expert will detail required works and provide a no obligation quotation for these services. Quotations are valid for a period of 90 days once issued.
- If the additional works are minor (less than 1 hour additional works) and can be completed on the day, you will be eligible for a £50 discount if you decide to pay and proceed on the day.
- If it is determined that an installation cannot be completed on the day, we will discuss with you a quote for additional works, and if agreed a new installation date will be given once payment has been made. Please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- If you are applying for OZEV grant funding towards your installation, our Pod Point Expert will review the details of your installation for compliance with the relevant requirements. If your Pod Point Expert suspects that the installation will not comply with the OZEV grant requirements (see OZEV terms and conditions below), your installation will be paused. Should you disagree with that assessment, you will be given an opportunity to contest this by providing Pod Point with information to help your case, which we may then pass on to the DVLA/OZEV for pre-approval. Should Pod Point receive approval to proceed, a new installation date will be given, but please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- The owner/customer or a responsible adult of the age of 18 years or over needs to be present on site for the entire duration of the install.
3 year warranty:
Pod Point home chargepoints are covered by a comprehensive 36 month warranty. Any hardware failure should be promptly reported to us via help.pod-point.com
Please quote the serial number, the date of installation and a brief description of the fault. The Pod Point technical team will carry out an assessment and will contact you to get further details and if necessary arrange a service visit.
The warranty will be void if the Pod Point unit is opened, modified, tampered with or repair is attempted by anyone other than a Pod Point appointed electrician.
A 24 month extended warranty can be purchased in the checkout, all of the same terms & conditions apply.
Limitation of liability:
In no event will Pod Point accept any liability for any loss, costs or consequential damage due to the use and/or misuse of our hardware or software products except where this is caused by our negligence.
In no event will Pod Point accept any liability for any loss, costs or consequential damage due to the aborted installation of a home chargepoint where it is not safe or practical to install.
This includes, but isn’t limited to, issues related to land ownership or power which can’t be assessed prior to install. In these circumstances we will provide a full refund of all money paid to us (Pod Point) in respect of the planned installation, unless you (the customer) withheld any key information from us. Our liability for any other losses won’t exceed the amount we charge you for your install, except for our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence and anything else where our liability can’t be limited by law.
You (the customer) are liable for any costs incurred due to the supply of false, inaccurate or incomplete information to us (Pod Point) in relation to the OZEV EV Chargepoint and EST home charge grants or any other of the services we offer.
Cancellations/ Cancellation Charges:
A call out fee may be charged if:
- You cancel within 24 hours before installation.
- The installation needs to be cancelled or postponed because you haven’t provided us with accurate or complete information prior to the date of installation.
- You or another responsible adult cannot be present during the installation slot you have booked.
- You change your mind on the day of installation about the products you’ve selected, the scope of work or decide you no longer want to proceed with your installation.
- All our chargepoints are supplied with Carbon Sync capability.
- Carbon Sync allows us to briefly pause charging on instruction from official bodies (for example the national grid) for the purpose of balancing or maintaining stability of the local or national electrical generation or distribution grid. Under normal circumstances, we don’t expect Carbon Sync to have any material effect on charging, however, you agree that Carbon Sync may lead to pauses in charging.
Waste of electronic and electrical equipment:
Pod Point Ltd are compliant with the WEEE (Waste of electronic and electrical equipment) regulations and the PRN is WEE/CH5416WQ.
We work with a network of 3rd party installers (“Partner Installers”) alongside our own in-house installation team.
In certain circumstances we may send your order to a Partner Installer so that they can carry out your installation, for example if your installation is non-standard and extra works are required, or if no installation slots are available with our in-house installers.
If we do this before you have made payment:
- The installer who receives your order will contact you and give you a quote. The cost of your charger, accessories and installation may vary but you can choose not to proceed if you are not happy with the price quoted.
- If you accept the quote, your contract for the installation will be with the Partner Installer. They will arrange an installation date with you, visit you to carry out the work and deliver your accessories (if they haven’t been sent via post).
- The installer will also ask you to complete documentation needed to claim the OZEV EV chargepoint grant on your behalf if you have applied it to your order.
- They will then invoice you directly for your charger and accessories.
In these cases your contract for the installation is with the Partner Installer but you’ll get the same product features, and we require them to give you the same warranty cover as you would if you purchased directly from Pod Point.
If we do this after you have placed an order with us:
- The installer who receives your order will make contact to arrange an installation date with you, visit you to carry out the work and deliver your accessories (if they haven’t been sent via post).
- The installer will also ask you to complete documentation needed to claim the OZEV EV chargepoint grant on your behalf (if you have applied it to your order).
In these cases your contract for the installation is with Pod Point (not the Partner Installer).
Energy clamp & Smart Charging:
Every new Pod Point home charge unit purchased in the checkout offers ‘Smart Charging’. Once connected to Wi-Fi, the home charge unit will automatically receive over-the-air updates, meaning it continually benefits from the latest software updates available. Connecting your home charge unit to Wi-Fi will also allow you to see the energy used to charge your electric vehicle, via the Pod Point App.
Please note, you will need sufficient Wi-Fi coverage in the location your Homecharger is installed. If your Wi-Fi coverage is not sufficient, functionality that requires Wi-Fi may not work as intended or at all. For example, over-the-air updates may take a long time to complete or not complete at all, remote support diagnostics may not be possible and charging data may not be properly recorded in the Pod Point App.
Whilst Smart Charging comes as standard with every unit, the energy clamp will help to unlock even more functionality. The energy clamp is installed free of charge with every new home charge unit purchased via Pod Point’s online checkout. During your installation, the Pod Point Expert will simply attach the clamp around the electricity meter tails and wire it into the home charge unit.
The energy clamp potentially unlocks several different features depending on your property’s compatibility. Customers with solar power, detached garage installations and three phase power supply may experience limited energy clamp functionality which will be assessed on the day of installation.
All Customers will benefit from the “Auto Power Balancing” feature of the energy clamp. This safety feature adjusts the charge rate and prevents overloading your property’s allocated electricity supply.
Please note, any alterations post installation may impact the home charge unit’s functionality. Please call our support team if you have any questions.
If your home charge unit is installed from a secondary distribution board, your cut out fuse is not protected from overload.
Please note, some Smart Charging functionality may be affected if your charger has been installed as part of an Array Charging solution. Please see the section below.
Array Charging and Demand Side Response Agreement
If your charger is being installed as part of an Array Charging solution (e.g. a common arrangement within residential blocks of flats or other multi-tenancy accommodation), the array system will manage the individual and total charging load of the connected chargers within the limits of the fixed electricity supply available to your premises. The array system controls the electricity demand of each charger, restricting them as necessary to ensure the incoming electrical mains supply is not overloaded.
By purchasing your charger as part of an Array Charging solution, you agree to permit the array system to control the rate of charge to your vehicle where necessary in order to protect the electricity supply to your premises as described above. This is known as a demand side response agreement. Our standard charge scheduling feature is not available for use with chargers installed as part of an Array Charging solution.
Charging stats report & business miles
A report can be generated from the Stats section in the app, which presents all home, public and workplace charges. Customers have the opportunity to include their total mileage and their business miles in the report if desired.
Total miles(1) and total business mile(2) costs are calculated using a blended rate of all charges based on the selected date range.
In order to calculate home charge costs, mobile app users should enter their day and night energy tariff(s) during sign up, or in the account section of the app. By failing to input the exact tariff(s), Pod Point will use a default rate, which may not accurately reflect your home charging costs.
Public charges are calculated based on the electricity tariff charged by the owner of the charger. Workplace charges are set by the company. Please be aware, if the company does not provide their exact energy cost, a standard default rate will be used.
The stats report is intended as a guideline only and Pod Point shall not be responsible under any circumstance for any loss, corruption, discrepancies of data or your use of content and use of the data. Please speak to your tax advisor before using any data from this report in any tax return.
(1) Total miles: the total number of miles the EV driver has completed over a period of time selected by the user.
(2) Total business miles: the total number of miles the EV driver is looking to have reimbursed by their company.
Local Power Network Conditions
The rate your charger is capable of charging at is ultimately determined by local power network conditions - in other words, how much power is available at the location where it is installed.
These local power network conditions vary continuously due to the local electrical load and also as a result of local generation. If, at any time, there is not enough power available to charge at the maximum rate your charger is capable of, it may be temporarily restricted to a lower charging rate until the local conditions improve.
Local power network conditions are not under Pod Point’s control and therefore Pod Point does not guarantee any particular power output or availability period in relation to your charger, and accepts no liability or responsibility for issues such as performance arising therefrom.
For contactless payments, customers can pay by tapping their credit/debit card or by using Google/Apple Pay via the terminal on the chargepoint.
The price per kWh will be displayed on the unit and payment for the session will be taken once the charge ends.
Every contactless charge session is liable to a pre-authorisation amount of £30. This is simply a valid card check. Once the charge session ends, the customer will be charged for the total kWh used and the £30 pre-authorisation hold will be released.
By tapping their credit/debit card or by using Google/Apple Pay via the terminal on the chargepoint, you are agreeing to accept all of the above terms and to the cost of your electric vehicle charge, including any additional fees, to be charged to your card account.
The charging fee is inclusive of VAT. If a VAT receipt is required, customers should contact VATreceipts@pod-point.com with the last 4 digits of the credit card used, date and the final charge amount and a receipt will be provided.
2. Test Drive T&Cs as carried out by the MINI Retail Network
Test drive subject to status and availability. Drivers aged 21 & over only. Participating retailers only.
3. Deposit Contribution T&Cs
An alternative deposit contribution of £750 is available for payment against a new car. Please speak to your MINI Centre for full details.
Deposit contribution amount varies across the range.
Representative 6.9% APR available on a MINI Select agreement for new vehicles ordered between 01/01/2023 and 31/03/2023 and registered by 30/06/2023 (subject to availability) at participating MINI Retailers.
Retail customers only. Optional final payment not payable if you opt to return the vehicle at the end of the agreement (vehicle condition, excess mileage and other charges may be payable).
Finance available subject to credit acceptance to UK residents aged 18 or over.
Guarantees and indemnities may be required.
Terms and conditions apply. Offer may be varied, withdrawn or extended at any time. ‘MINI Select’ is a form of hire-purchase agreement provided by MINI Financial Services, a trading name of BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited, Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 0FB. You will have a 14 day statutory right to withdraw from the agreement. MINI UK, a trading name of BMW (UK) Limited introduces customers to MINI Financial Services only and does not receive any commission or other payment for the introduction. The introduction does not amount to independent financial advice. Your Retailer will receive commission for introducing customers to MINI Financial Services.