The MINI Room with a View Competition Terms and Conditions.
1. The MINI Room with a View competition (“Competition”) is open to UK residents only, aged 25 years and over, excluding employees and their immediate family members of MINI UK, any other BMW Group company or any other company linked to the Competition in any way. By entering the Competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
2. To enter, entrants must complete the competition form hosted on www.mini.co.uk by providing their title, first name, surname, postcode, email address and telephone number as well as selecting either 1st – 2nd September 2017 at Durdle Door, 8th – 9th September 2017 Snowdonia or 15th – 16th September 2017 at Cheddar Gorge as their preferred date and location to attend. By entering the competition, entrants are requesting to win the trip. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries must be submitted between 2 August 2017 at 0.01am and 13 August 2017 at 23.59pm. There will be 3 winners in total – 1 per location/weekend. Winners will be contacted via email and/or phone no later than 16 August 2017. The winner will have 24 hours to confirm acceptance of the prize. If a selected winner fails to claim the prize within the above time, they will forfeit the prize and another valid entry will be drawn.
4. Each winner will be granted one overnight stay for two persons (the winner and one guest with a minimum age of 9 years) in the selected area in a MINI Countryman with an Autohome rooftop tent fitted. The exact location within the selected area will be determined by MINI UK. The prize will be valid for the designated days and the chosen area only. The prize includes:
- travel from the winner’s home address to the selected area;
- self-drive in the MINI Countryman with the rooftop tent to the location of the overnight stay;
- outdoor dinner for two;
- one overnight stay in the rooftop tent (winner and his/her guest sleep in same tent);
- outdoor breakfast for two;
- one outdoor activity for two, which will be chosen by MINI UK;
- travel back to the winner’s home address.
All elements of the prize are subject to weather and other external conditions permitting. MINI UK reserves the right to change or cancel any or all of the elements even at short notice if MINI UK considers this necessary at its sole discretion.
5. The loan of the MINI Countryman is subject to certain Loan Car Terms. The winner must agree to these terms before taking possession of the car. Key Loan Car Terms: Each driver must hold a driving license valid in the UK and must have less than 6 points on the DVLA licence and no other serious driving convictions in order to use the car. The car may only be driven by the winner and the accompanying guest (if aged 21 or over), only for private use and not for any form of racing; the winner is responsible for any fines, congestion or other charges arising from use of the car and for any damage arising from the failure to take reasonable care; car is insured subject to an insurance excess. MINI UK also has the right to refuse permission to drive if MINI UK otherwise considers driver is unfit to drive.
6. The prizes are non transferrable. There are no cash alternatives to the prize offered. Unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions the prize excludes transfers, meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, fuel, gratuities, telephone calls, taxes, further personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize. Winners name and county will be available on request by sending a SAE to MINI UK with 60 days of the closing date.
7. MINI UK accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
8. MINI UK’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition will be final.
9. The winners must, at MINI UK’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity, filming and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to MINI UK using their name and image in promotional material.
10. MINI UK and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Competition or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
11. MINI UK reserves the right to publish the name and county of residence of the Competition winner.
12. The promoter is BMW (UK) Ltd, SUMMIT ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0FB (in these terms and conditions also called “MINI UK”).
13. The Competition and these terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions in line with the Competition requirements.