Your unique MINI, Your unique MINI,
REQUEST AN OFFER.
BOOK A TEST DRIVE.
MINI Shortfall Insurance.
When you truly love your MINI, you want to protect it in the best way. That's why we created MINI Protect, our comprehensive range of insurance products designed to help maintain that sense of adventure, whilst protecting you from damage costs.
Within this suite of MINI Protect products is MINI Shortfall Insurance, created to protect your finances should your vehicle be written off due to an accident, theft or fire. MINI Shortfall Insurance is designed to bridge the gap between the motor insurance settlement and either the amount you paid for your vehicle, or the outstanding amount due under your finance agreement if your vehicle is declared a total loss, whichever is the higher amount. MINI Shortfall Insurance covers you against losing out in these unsettling situations.
At a Glance.
- Cover available for 2, 3 or 4 years
- Additional limited cover (only for your finance agreement) between the end of your MINI Shortfall Insurance policy and up to the end of year 5, where your vehicle is financed for longer than the duration of the policy
- The insurance could pay up to £500 to cover any excess you have as part of your motor insurance claim
- Pay for your policy upfront or in 12 monthly payments (at no extra cost)
- Cover for accessories listed on the original purchase invoice for the insured vehicle that are present at the date of loss
- You have up to 60 days to purchase your policy after you have collected your car. Cover will start after you have purchased the policy
Please note you must not accept your motor insurer’s settlement figure until you have contacted our claims department. If you accept your motor insurers write off valuation without our agreement then any MINI Shortfall Insurance claim may be calculated and settled based on our assessment of the market value of the vehicle at the time of write off.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. This website only provides a summary of the cover provided by MINI Shortfall Insurance and does not include the full terms, conditions and limits of cover. Please refer to the policy document below.